Main Office: 23 Gurwood Street, Wagga Wagga, NSW 2650
Commins Hendriks Solicitors is a major law firm in the Riverina area of Southern New South Wales, and has been established... View profile »
Main Office: 89 Fitzmaurice Street, Wagga Wagga, NSW, 2650
Denniston & Day Lawyers is a well-known law firm that has represented local people in the Wagga Wagga area for more... View profile »
Main Office: Level 1, 370 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
A large law firm in Australia, Gerard Malouf and Partners has a total of 21 offices throughout Sydney and NSW including... View profile »
Main Office: Level 5, 44 Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
A major consumer law firm in Australia, Slater & Gordon Lawyers provides legal services to the people of Australia. The firm... View profile »
Compensation Law in Wagga Wagga
Compensation refers to something (usually money) being awarded to a man or woman as recompense for injuries sustained because of somebody else’s negligence. The most common form of compensation is workers compensation. It is mandatory throughout New South Wales that employers compensate employees for injuries they sustain on the job. The only exception is if the employer argues that he or she is not responsible.
Cases like the one mentioned require hiring someone to prove in a courtroom that the employer is indeed responsible. The type of person to hire is a compensation lawyer.
The Compensation Lawyers of Wagga Wagga
The quaint New South Wales town of Wagga Wagga features an abundance of compensation lawyers. More importantly, these lawyers are trained to deal with more than just workers compensation cases. In fact, they deal with all of the following types of cases:
- Cases where somebody else caused a roadway accident.
- Cases where an employer failed to maintain a safe workplace.
- Cases where a doctor gave faulty advice.
- Cases where a building owner maintained unsafe conditions.
- Cases where some party was negligent in some way, period.
The job of the compensation lawyer is to seek damages from a defendant on the behalf of a plaintiff (you). Take for instance the case cited at the beginning of this article. The lawyer would survey the workplace, look into the company’s safety records and then compile the evidence needed to prove that the employer is responsible. Proving this would then force the employer to stop making excuses and start making payments to you to make up for lost wages, medical bills, occupational therapy, etc.
The Wagga Wagga Civil Court
Dealing with a compensation case will require that you attend court sessions at the local Wagga Wagga court.
49 Fitzmaurice Street
Wagga Wagga NSW 2650
- Hours: 9am to 4:30pm
- Case Types: Road Accidents, Work Accidents
- Case Types: Medical Accidents, Defective Products
Find a Reliable Compensation Lawyer In Wagga Wagga
Because there are many types of lawyers practicing different types of law in Wagga Wagga, it’s recommended that you evaluate several of them before choosing one.
- Size: How large is the lawyer’s firm? Smaller ones offer more personalized service and care, but larger ones have access to more resources.
- Experience: How many similar cases has the firm won and lost? When was the last time they took on a case just like yours?
- Consultation: If the firm passes the initial review, then make sure to conduct an additional evaluation by asking good questions at your first consultation:
- What is your training?
- How many cases have you lost?
- How much do you charge?
- How long have you been in business?
The Need for a Compensation Lawyer
Compensation lawyers are only required for those instances where another party refuses to admit negligence and make payments. Otherwise, if the party admits to being negligent, then everything should run smoothly, assuming he or she has the proper form of insurance.