Main Office: 302 King St, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Nowicki Carbone was established in 2000, a merger of two experienced lawyers Tony Carbone and Harry Nowicki. In 2010 the Firm... View profile »
Main Office: Level 10, 533 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne, VIC 3000
With over 60,000 successful injury case wins, and 40 years of practicing law, Ryan Carlisle Thomas Lawyers are one of Victoria’s... View profile »
Main Office: 104 Lydiard Street South, Ballarat, VIC 3350
Saines Lucas Solicitors is a product of the merger of two law firms. In 2008, Saines & Partners, and Lucas &... View profile »
Main Office: Level 5, 44 Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
A major consumer law firm in Australia, Slater & Gordon Lawyers provides legal services to the people of Australia. The firm... View profile »
Main Office: 129 Timor Steet, Warrnambool, VIC 3280
Stringer Clark Lawyers enjoys a lineage that stretches back over 100 years. However, it is only from the 1950′s that a... View profile »
Compensation Law in Ballarat
Accidents and mistakes happen every single day. We all make them from time to time. However, sometimes accidents occur because of other people’s negligence and carelessness.
Suppose for instance you are walking home at night and suddenly step into a pothole and snap your Achilles tendon. You would have not fallen into it had there been proper safety components like signs and even fencing.
What would you do if that happened to you? Your first choice would be to suck it up. The more pragmatic choice would involve hiring a compensation lawyer to seek compensation damages from whatever construction company failed to put up warning signs.
Ballarat Compensation Lawyers
Located along the Yarrowee River, the quaint city of Ballarat houses a wide selection of well-trained compensation attorneys. These are more than just your everyday lawyers. These are lawyers specifically skilled in the art of compensation litigation. They know how to collect evidence, prepare said evidence and then share it with a court of law. More importantly, they are trained to deal with many types of compensation claims:
- Those involving negligence and recklessness.
- Those involving workplace injuries.
- Those involving inattentive drivers.
- Those involving unmarked safety hazards.
- Those involving asbestos exposure.
- Those involving medical malpractice.
If you hired a Ballarat compensation lawyer, he or she would then do everything possible to prove to a court that another party is responsible for injuries you sustained. After proving this and winning a judgment in your favor, the lawyer would then negotiate a fair compensation settlement that takes into consideration all your expenses — medical bills, lost wages, etc.
Ballarat Compensation Law
Hiring an attorney and filing a compensation claim in Ballarat requires dealing with the Ballarat Magistrates’ Court. More information about this court is listed below:
100 Grenville Street South
Ballarat, Victoria 3350
Keep in mind that this court is only equipped to deal with cases involving less than $100,000 in damages. Cases involving more than that must be forwarded to the regional court in Melbourne.
Finding Reliable Attorneys in Ballarat
The hardest part about hiring a compensation lawyer is choosing a good one. There is no magic formula for finding a quality lawyer, but there are some factors to keep in mind:
- Experience: It is usually recommended that you select a lawyer who has a good deal of experience dealing with compensation lawyer. Cases are not easily one and require someone who knows what he or she is doing.
- References: Likewise, a quality, experienced lawyer should have at least two to three clients who are willing to vouch for him or her. Take the time to speak with these clients and get their genuine testimonies.
- Initial Consultation: Always use the initial consultation to ask really good questions. This is your one and only chance to evaluate the lawyer and figure out once and for all if he or she is the right one for your case.
Winning Compensation Claims in Ballarat
Remember that there is never a guarantee you will win. This is why it is important to choose a reliable Ballarat compensation attorney.