Main Office: 302 King St, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Nowicki Carbone was established in 2000, a merger of two experienced lawyers Tony Carbone and Harry Nowicki. In 2010 the Firm... View profile »
Main Office: Level 5, 44 Market Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
A major consumer law firm in Australia, Slater & Gordon Lawyers provides legal services to the people of Australia. The firm... View profile »
Compensation Law in Bendigo
Compensation law plays an important role in all civilized nations. It provides fundamental protection to people who become disfigured, injured or harmed because of the actions of others.
Take into consideration, for instance, cases where someone going in for routine surgery winds up worse off than before. Situations like this mandate that there are laws in place to protect the victim.
If you suffer an injury or injuries because of someone else’s actions (or the lack thereof), you might be able to win compensation benefits. Doing this, however, requires hiring a trained Bendigo compensation attorney.
Bendigo Compensation Attorneys
A compensation attorney is tasked with using litigation to prove to court officials that someone else should be held responsible for damages you incurred. Given medical malpractice, for instance, a compensation attorney would try to show that the doctor made a mistake that caused you to become injured. Therefore, the doctor should be held fully responsible and be compelled by the court to cover all your expenses.
The compensation lawyers in Bendigo are trained to deal with a wide variety of compensation cases:
- Cases where a reckless driver crashes into you.
- Cases where a negligent doctor makes a mistake.
- Cases where an employer fails to protect you.
- Cases where a public building owner fails to identify hazards.
- Cases where a product malfunctions.
- Etc. Etc. Etc.
All the case types listed involve the same theme. Someone or some entity’s negligence or recklessness leads to you suffering personal injury.
Introducing Compensation Law in Bendigo
Compensation law in Bendigo is practiced in the Bendigo Magistrates’ Court, which is located at 71 Pall Mall in Bendigo. However, if your case involves more than $100,000 in potential damages, then you have to visit the County Court of Victoria instead. It is located at 250 William Street in Melbourne.
Getting A Good Bendigo Lawyer
Winning a compensation claim requires a bit more than just hiring a lawyer. It requires hiring a quality lawyer that possesses the skill and experience to fight hard for your rights. With that said, when comparing and contrasting lawyers, make sure to keep the following traits and characteristics in mind:
- Legal Experience: The most important characteristic is experience. You ideally want to hire a lawyer who has lots of experience dealing with your type of compensation claim.
- Communication Skills: Not all lawyers are great communicators. It helps to pick a lawyer who doesn’t mind talking with you daily about your case.
- Availability: Some lawyers are much busier than others. It helps to choose one who has enough time to dedicate to your case.
- References: Every good lawyer has good references. It never hurts to speak with these references to hear their testimonies.
- Fees: It is usually best to choose a “no win, no fee” lawyer for a compensation case. That protects you in case the lawyer loses the case.
When you suffer because of someone else’s mistake or mistakes, you deserve compensation for it. This is why compensation law exists. Just make sure you choose a reliable lawyer, because whether or not you win could boil down to the decision you make.